Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Keeping Safe Online
The internet and modern technology have revolutionised communications at such a pace that often it is the younger people who are more knowledgeable than the adults. The internet is a fantastic educational tool but must be used responsibly.
In order to ensure your daughter’s safety on-line, it is important that she follows certain rules.
- Never give a password to anyone else. You will be giving away your identity
- Never disclose personal information such as your address or telephone number in any e-mail or on a web site
- Be very careful what photographs or information you publish on the Internet. They will always be there and could prove very embarrassing when you are older
- Never arrange to meet someone as a result of e-mail correspondence or through social networking sites, such as Facebook, My Space or Bebo
- Never write offensive things about others. It is as unacceptable as if you were saying these things to someone
In school we have a very clear code of behaviour for use of the Internet.
We have a very sophisticated filtering system to prevent access to illegal, offensive and inappropriate material. However, things change very quickly and girls must take responsibility for their own use.
We run a program called Securus which monitors all computer usage onsite, helping to protect all members of the school community.
At home and on her phone, make sure you know what your daughter is doing on-line in the same way you would monitor what she watches on television.
Parents are asked to sign an internet access permission form when girls join the school and misuse of the internet will result in the withdrawal of internet access.