Our School App Stay connected on the go...
The aim of drugs education at Elizabeth Garrett Anderson School is to acknowledge and clarify for students the issues relating to drug prevention and drug use. The school’s approach on the issue of drugs is as part of the commitment to being a healthy school.
- Teachers will be confident and skilled in the delivery of drugs education and the schools pastoral programme will be supportive of students who are concerned about drugs
- Professional outside agencies may be used in the delivery of drugs education where appropriate
- To make healthy informed decisions
- To identify sources of personal support
- Increase their knowledge
- Explore their own and other people’s ideas
- Promote positive attitudes towards a healthy lifestyle
- Provide accurate information about substances
- Increase understanding about drug use and misuse
- Widen knowledge about health related issues
- Seek to minimise the risks that users and potential users face