Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Business Studies is a vocational subject designed to give students at EGA life skills. The content of the subject has both practical and theoretical aspects. Students will develop entrepreneurial skills which will enhance their abilities in spotting business opportunities and putting business ideas into practice. Students will explore the process of building and growing a business. They will learn how to make decisions and solve business related problems including; marketing, financial, operational, and human resource matters. They will also understand how external factors can affect a business.
All students complete two externally written examinations in May/June, each contributing 50% of the overall qualification.
Theme 1: Investigating Small Business (Written examination: 90 minutes)
Theme 2: Building a Business (Written examination: 90 minutes)
Throughout their studies, students will:
- Actively engage in the study of business
- Develop risk analysis skills
- Develop as effective and independent learners, and reflective thinkers with enquiring minds
- Develop and apply their business knowledge, understanding and skills to contemporary issues in a range of local, national and global contexts
- Appreciate the range of perspectives of different business stakeholders
- Use ICT to gather, analyse and present business data.
Students will also get the opportunity to:
- Undertake enterprise activitieâs
- Participate in group business projects & presentations
- Use ICT effectively
- Participate in business trips and workshops
- Meet some important business people.