Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Attendance and Punctuality
Outstanding attendance and punctuality, to school and lessons, are vital if your daughter is to learn and achieve her best. Absences disrupt learning and it is very difficult to catch up on what has been missed. Parents/Carers have a legal duty to ensure their daughter attends school on time every day.
As a school we will ensure that:
- Students are registered accurately and efficiently in every lesson to enable us to monitor attendance and punctuality;
- Attendance targets are set for individual students, tutor groups, year groups and for the whole school;
- Parents/Carers are contacted when reasons for absence are unknown or unauthorised. Parents can also track attendance online using the “Parent Link” tab on the school’s website or via the school’s MyEd app;
- The attendance team will intervene when a student’s attendance or punctuality fall below the levels required for outstanding progress;
- Students are rewarded for improving and maintaining outstanding attendance and punctuality;
- Support is offered to students and parents/carers to encourage good attendance and punctuality;
- A free Breakfast is available to every student from 8.00am as well as study spaces.
Students will be encouraged to:
- Attend school regularly and on time;
- Communicate with staff if there is an issue that may affect their attendance or punctuality;
- Report to the school attendance team if their attendance or punctuality fall below the levels required for outstanding progress;
- Actively engage with support provided to improve attendance and punctuality.
Parents/Carers are legally obliged to:
- Encourage good attendance and punctuality;
- Ensure that their daughter does not miss school unless they are seriously ill;
- Inform the school on the first day of non-attendance giving a suitable explanation and provide a letter explaining the absence on the student’s return to school;
- Not take students away from school during term time.
The school and governors will not authorise any holidays in term time. If your daughter goes on holiday her place at EGA could be lost and parents/carers will be issued with penalty notices under Section 444A and 444B of the Education Act 1996.
If your daughter has to miss school you must:
Telephone the school office immediately on 020 7689 9311 and provide a letter giving the reasons for your daughter’s absence to the school reception when she returns.