EGA has received a spectacular number of awards which recognise our strengths as a school.
- National Governance Association’s Outstanding Governance Awards 2021 - Islington Futures received the Outstanding Governance in a Federation Award
- Islington Education Awards 2022 - EGA School received the Ambition in Equalities Award
- Islington Education Awards 2021 - Mr D.Shemoon received the Remote Learning Award
- Islington Education Awards 2020 - Ms J.Dibb received the Outstanding Achievement Award
- Islington Education Awards 2020 - Islington Futures received the Governing Board of the Year Award
- Islington Education Awards 2019 - Ms K.Tumbridge received the Product of Islington Award
- Former specialist language college – a beacon of good practice in language teaching
- OFSTED rated outstanding for 3 consecutive inspections
Every year we have students who leave us with the top grades in all their subjects, showing that girls can and do achieve as highly as students anywhere in the country.
This is a testament to our ability to nurture the talents of our students and prepare them meticulously for their examinations.
With these strong foundations, girls continue to flourish, achieving outstanding results at “A” level and studying at the top universities.
All girls leave with qualifications.
Developing the Individual
We have outstanding success in helping students to develop their self-confidence and belief so that they can achieve and make a difference.
They have opportunities to debate at the highest level, to develop their leadership skills through a structured programme and to interact with positive and inspirational role models.
So impressed was Michelle Obama when she visited the school in 2009 that she asked to meet the girls again when she returned in 2011. This time she met them at Oxford University, recognising their potential to reach the top.
Music, Drama and the Arts
EGA is known for its strengths in the Arts and we place great emphasis on girls having excellent tutors and support.
All girls have the opportunity to study creative subjects and to learn an instrument from specialist instructors.
Musicians will work with professional orchestras such as the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment and the London Symphony Orchestra.
Those interested in Drama will work with professional actors and theatre technicians through our partnership with the Almeida Theatre.
Artists will benefit from workshops with practising artists through work with the Cubitt Gallery.
At EGA, students participate in a wide range of sporting activities, both on the school site and at local sports clubs.
Girls take a full part in competitions and are increasingly showing themselves to be very talented sportswomen.
At EGA, you will be able to take part in: