Our School App Stay connected on the go...
We ask parents/carers to ensure that their daughter/ward leaves for school looking smart and in the correct uniform. Where there are valid reasons for a student missing an item of uniform, we expect parents to write a note in the diary or to call reception to explain the situation. If students do not have a note, they will be sent to reception to borrow some uniform for the day, or may be sent home to change. We will always contact parents before sending a child home.
Our uniform offers the following choices:
- EGA grey jumper (long sleeved or sleeveless), zipped top, or cardigan with logo. Please note that no hoodies or non-uniform cardigans are allowed to be worn instead of the EGA logo one;
- EGA grey skirt (knee length or full length) or EGA grey trousers from Rough Cuts. Alternatively, straight legged grey school uniform trousers are acceptable (but not stretchy material or leggings);
- Either the white or pink EGA shirt with logo, or a plain white shirt;
- Plain grey, white or black socks or black tights or EGA socks;
- Plain black sensible shoes. Trainers are permitted, but only if they are completely plain black, including laces, soles and logos;
- Alternatively, girls may wear the EGA Shalwar Kameez;
- Girls who wear a headscarf should wear either a black or white EGA logo scarf, or a plain black or white headscarf with no decoration, fringing or tassels;
- During cold weather, any proper outdoor coat or jacket is permitted, but hoodies are not allowed;
- Students are provided with a house lanyard and ID badge in September and these must be worn at all times. If these are lost, students will be provided with a new one and parents’ billed on Parent Pay.
PE kit: EGA grey jogging bottoms with logo, EGA pink t shirt with logo and sports trainers
Dance kit: Plain black leggings and plain black t shirt
All items with the EGA logo can be purchased from Rough Cuts on Chapel Market.
Telephone: 0207 837 7924 Website: http://www.roughcutcasuals.co.uk/home/
- a sensible school bag with enough room to carry A4 books, folders and equipment in
- pencil case containing black or dark blue pens, pencils, green pen, highlighter, eraser, sharpener, ruler, scientific calculator, protractor and compass, coloured pens/pencils, glue stick
- a reading book
- diary/planner (will be provided in September)
Mobile phones: must be switched off and in bags between the hours of 8:50am and 3:25pm. If a mobile phone is seen or heard within these times, it will be confiscated and taken to reception, where the student can collect it at the end of the day. If a student does not hand their phone over straight away, the phone will still be confiscated but parents’ will be expected to collect it instead. The school cannot take responsibility for loss or damage to personal possessions. Students are advised to leave valuables and money at home.
Jewellery: the only jewellery allowed is a watch and small stud earrings. No hoops.
Make up: make up, false eyelashes, nail varnish, shellac, acrylics, false nails, etc. are not permitted in school and students will be told to remove these. Please do not allow your daughter to get acrylics, shellac etc, done during term time, as she will have to be sent home to make an appointment to get them removed; save this for the holidays. Hair dye is only permitted within the natural spectrum of hair colours.
If your child is an Islington resident and is eligible for free school meals, they will also be eligible for a uniform grant. Islington pay £150 to help meet the cost of school uniforms when your child transfers to secondary school from year 6. To apply, please follow the link below to complete an application form. Once completed, the form is to be return to: Free School Meals, 4th Floor, 222 Upper Street, London, N1 1XR.