Our School App Stay connected on the go...
- We are a uniform school and ask parents to ensure that their daughter leaves for school looking smart in the correct uniform. Where there are valid reasons for a student missing an item of uniform, we expect parents to write a note in the diary explaining this. If students do not have a note, they will be sent to reception to borrow some uniform or may be sent home to change.
Our uniform offers the following choices:
- EGA grey skirt or EGA grey trousers from Rough Cuts. Alternatively, straight legged grey school uniform trousers are also acceptable (not stretchy material or leggings);
- Either the white or pink EGA shirt with logo or a plain white shirt;
- A choice of EGA sleeveless jumper, zipped top, long sleeved jumper or cardigan - all with logo;
- Plain grey, white or black socks or tights or EGA socks;
- Plain black sensible shoes;
- Alternatively, girls may wear the EGA Shalwar Kameez;
- Girls who wear a headscarf should wear either, a plain black or white headscarf or the black or white EGA logo scarf. No patterns, fringing or additional designs are allowed;
- Outdoor jackets should be plain and dark coloured. No hoodies or non-school uniform cardigans, jumpers or sweatshirts are allowed to be worn;
- Optional EGA hats, scarves and gloves are available for cold weather;
- EGA grey jogging bottoms with logo (for PE);
- EGA pink t-shirt with logo (for PE);
- Plain black leggings or jazz pants (for dance);
- Plain black t-shirt (for dance).
All items except for shoes, plain socks, shirts, trousers and dance kit must be purchased from Rough Cuts on Chapel Market as all items must have the EGA logo. Tel: 020 7837 7924.
Students will also need a sensible school bag to carry their books and equipment in.
Essential equipment students must have: pencil case containing black or dark blue pens, pencils, green pen, highlighter, eraser, sharpener, ruler, calculator, protractor and compass.
Useful equipment: coloured pens/pencils, glue stick.
The school cannot take responsibility for the loss of or damage to any personal possessions. Students are advised to leave valuables and money at home. The only jewellery allowed is a watch and small sleeper or stud earrings. Make up, nail varnish and false nails are not permitted in school and students will be asked to remove these.
If your child is an Islington resident and is eligible for free school meals, they will also be eligible for a uniform grant. Islington pay £150 to help meet the cost of school uniforms when your child transfers to secondary school from year 6. To apply, please follow the link below to complete an application form. Once completed, the form is to be return to: Free School Meals, 4th Floor, 222 Upper Street, London, N1 1XR.