Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Latest NewsPosted on: 03/07/2019
Spinach and Cream Cheese Roulade
GCSE students made a Spinach and Cream Cheese Roulade this week. This is a healthy snack suitable for vegetarians and can be enjoyed guilt-free between meals.
5 large eggs, separated
45g (3 tbsp) self-raising flour
Salt and pepper
300g cream cheese
Parmesan cheese, finely grated
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius and line a rectangular tin with baking paper.
2. Wilt the spinach in 2 tablespoons of water, then when cool squeeze out as much excess liquid as you can.
3. Put the spinach into a food processor and add the egg yolks, flour and salt and pepper.
4. Blend thoroughly.
5. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the spinach. Spread in the tin and bake for 12-15 minutes until firm.
6. Beat the cream cheese until soft and creamy.
7. Place some baking paper on the worktop, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
8. Turn the spinach roulade out onto the cheese and carefully remove the paper from the back.
9. Spread with the cream cheese mixture.
10. Using the paper to help, roll the roulade up from the shortest end.