Our School App Stay connected on the go...
SPSHE – Skills and Personal, Social and Health Education
SPSHE is a planned developmental programme of learning designed to help learners develop the knowledge, understanding and skills they need to manage their lives, now and in the future. It deals with real life issues which affect children and young people, their families and their communities, and engages with the social and economic realities of their lives and experiences.
- Preparation for Working life –Level 1/ Level 2 certificate
- Self-esteem/body image and assertiveness work
- Safe sex and promoting positive relationships
- Exploring relationships including abuse, violence in relationships,sexting and pornography
- Financial capability and economic well-being work
- E-safety session
In the last academic year, students have worked with:
- The Money Charity(Year 7)
- Diversity Role Models - promoting equality and challenging homophobia (Year 8)
- Tender workshops / Chelsea’s choice- sexual exploitation and grooming (Year 9)
- ChildNet - critical thinking online (Year 9)
- The Haven Trust -domestic violence, consent and relationships (Year 11)
- The Inspire Project - challenging extremism, online grooming and critical thinking (Years 9, 10,11)
- Present Yourself Day supported by local businesses (Year 11)
Recent Events in SPSHE
- Chelsea's Choice (Year 9)
- The Barefoot College (Citizenship)- sustainability in communities
- The Money Charity Financial Literacy (Year 7)
- Social Action Project (Year 8 Skills)
- Streetlaw workshops (Citizenship) - The College of Law
Please contact the Head of SPSHE, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like more information about the course.